Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

Play Ball!

I've been a little behind on the blog...time to catch up a bit.

Jeanne and I will be going to the Chicago Baseball Museum gala tonight. The museum is the dream of Dr. David Fletcher...the founder of Clear Buck.com, which is trying to clear the name of Buck Weaver, who was implicated in the 1919 Chicago "Black Sox" scandal. It should be a good time.

The Bulls are away for a two-week long road trip while the circus is at the United Center. The trip got off to a bad start last night, with an 18-point loss to the Warriors. That long road trip does give me a bit of a break from announcing games...not that I really need one. And, UIC has games during that span (I announce for them, too)...so, I won't be going anywhere.

Not a whole lot news to report at WLS. Pretty much business as usual here. I haven't had a chance to do a lot of field reporting - a favorite of mine - since the White Sox parade and rally. It's been mainly anchoring and management stuff for me the past couple weeks.

I've started taking Glucosimine with Chondroitin. I have some mild joint pain after my workouts...simply because my cartilage ain't what it used to be. This stuff is supposed to add an extra layer of lubrication and ease joint pain. They say it takes at least a month to notice a difference...maybe it's in my head, but I seem to already be feeling better the day after my workouts than I did before. We'll see how it goes...but, so far, so good.

Finally...got an extra $20 (or more!) burning a hole in your pocket this holiday season? Might I suggest a donation to the Batten Disease Support and Research Association, in the name of Clifford Dahl, who suffers from Batten. Clifford is the 8 year old son of fellow radio rascal (and Steve-reader) Dave Dahl, of WMBD Radio in Peoria. Batten doesn't get the attention of other "higher-profile" illnesses...so they could really use your help. If you'd like to help, here's the address:

BDSRA Midwest Chapter
c/o Katie Godfrey
502 Valley View Dr
St Charles IL 60175
Thanks!
Steve

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?