Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Just Call Me PAST President Steve

This past weekend, I attened the Illinois News Broadcasters Association fall convention in Collinsville, Illinois - just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis. It marked the end of my three year run as INBA president. A special thanks to H. Wayne Wilson, who made some very kind comments, in presenting me with my President's plaque...and thanks also to the members, who gave me a very nice - and quite unexpected - standing ovation. This first photo shows me accepting the President's plaque. Keynote speaker Walter Rodgers - formerly of CNN - is at right.


INBA past president and Life Member Ken Keller - who apparently has quite a bit of free time on his hands during his retirement - printed up t-shirts showing me as a "lame duck." They were very funny. I did my best to buy them all up at the INBA scholarship auction. The last thing I need are "Lame Duck Steve" t-shirts bouncing around on eBay! :)

All in all, it was an excellent convention...and, as always, I had a great time. Congratulations to Steve-readers (and fellow radio rascals) Dave Dahl, Will Stevenson and Ryan Hermes on being elected to the INBA board of directors!

Finally...I had been past president for less than an hour, when I was drafted onto the board of directors of the INBA Foundation. Any one want to make a scholarship contribution? :)

Comments:
Steve, they know how valuable you are to INBA, so they didn't want you to get that far away. Besides, You're very good at getting the money for the Foundation at the auctions! (I'll take outer limits for $20 Steve).

Kim Boomer
 
Congrats Steve!!! My kids said they've already seen Lame Duck Steve shirts on ebay-- they're going for about 2 bucks. (Yeah, they use the internet already-- even Ben-- who just turned one. His typing skills are amazing!) By the way... how fast are you getting at Fox In Socks? The kids are placing bets that you can break my record. I can't have that rumor running around!
 
Hey Steve ... where can I pick me up one of them "lame duck steve" t-shirts?

I could hang it up in my cube like my other WLS fun stuff... lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?