Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Steve at the UN - Day One

I'm in New York for a Radio-Television News Directors Foundation workshop at the United Nations. We've had a very busy schedule.

We started our day with a breakfast meeting with new UN Ambassador John Bolton. He spoke on the record a bit...took a few questions that were basically off the record...and then left. He didn't really say a whole lot that made news for us...but, it was nice of him to show up to visit with us.

Here I am right outside the United Nations Building. It wasn't hard to find...it's right across the street from my hotel. I guess I should have straightened my name tag, huh?






It was pretty cool to get to go inside the UN Security Council chamber. Here I am standing at the U.S. position at the Security Council table. Not too many people get to go in there.


Tonight, we attended a reception for Ambassador Bolton hosted by the UN Foundation. I didn't have my camera at the reception...but, one of my colleagues here, Tran Bui of ABC24 in Memphis, took a couple of photos of me chatting with Bolton. Then, Secretary-General Kofi Annan showed up, and Tran took a picture of me talking with Annan, too. Tran's going to email me the pics next week..I'll post them when I get them!

Tomorrow...Kofi Annan joins us for a brief, but on the record, chat.

Comments:
Well, I was riding in a NYC cab Friday night...when the driver, angry that the guy in the car next to us was yelling at him, threw his cup of coffee out the window of the cab...in the window of the other car...and all over the driver! WooHoo...only in New York!

I was so amused by the show that I gave the guy a couple extra bucks in my tip, so he could buy a new cup of coffee! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?