Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

Off to New York City

Wednesday morning, I'm off to New York City...for an intensive three-day working seminar at the United Nations.

It will be a busy workshop, with a jam-packed agenda. Of special interest to me are interview opportunities with Secretary-General Kofi Annan and Ambassador John Bolton. I'm hoping some news will be made, to allow me to file stories back to WLS (and, if necessary, ABC). Plus, the independent Oil for Food report is due out Wednesday...so, some news may be generated there, too.

Since I'll have my laptop with me in New York, I may be able to post some updates here. We'll see...there may not be a lot of free time. I'll return to Chicago late in the day on Saturday.

On another note...some have asked why I haven't made my way down to the Hurricane Katrina disaster zone yet. There are a few reasons...previous commitments and the fact that I wasn't really needed there top the list. But, my time may be coming. More on that in the near future.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?