Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Kofi Annan and John Bolton


As promised, here are some photos of me with United Nations Secretary-
General Kofi Annan and U.S. Ambassador John Bolton.

Here I am having a brief discussion with Kofi Annan at a reception for John Bolton. I don't recall exactly what I said...but, I do remember that about all Annan did was nod his head politely.







Here I am sticking my nose into a brief group discussion with Kofi Annan. I don't remember to whom Annan was speaking...but, I'm reasonably certain I did not add anything tangible to the discussion!








Here I am with U.S. Ambassador John Bolton. Despite his reputation as being mean, tough, standoff-ish or whatever, Bolton seemed fairly relaxed at this reception. He didn't seem to have a problem stopping to chat with me for a moment.



I don't recall what Bolton and I were talking about...but, whatever it was, I seemed to make him smile! Bolton's press secretary has offered to get the ambassador on our WLS morning show with Don and Roma. That will likely happen in the next week or so...after the big UN summit in New York.


A special thanks to my friend Tran Bui of ABC24 in Memphis for sending these photos. Tran took some great pics!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?