Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

Congrats to Tim and Laura!

Congratulations to Tim and Laura (Spencer) Allen on their marriage. Tim is associate producer of the morning show at WLS. Laura is a dance therapist. They were married September 3rd in Toledo. Jeanne and I were happy to be in attendance.

The wedding ceremony was very nice...and included the first reference to "God in the can" by a priest that I can recall!



Jeanne and me at the wedding reception. No, it's not a great photo (I should have taken off the jacket!)...but, it will do. The reception was very nice...and included a mini - or not so mini - reunion of Tim and Laura's many friends from their alma mater, Denison University.




After the wedding and reception, Jeanne and I had an extra day...so we decided to venture up into Canada. We went through Detroit and Windsor...and ended up in the quaint little fishing village of Port Stanley, Ontario. It's on Lake Erie, about half way between Detroit and Buffalo. It's a cute little town.



This is me next to one of the many commercial fishing boats that are docked in Port Stanley. This is a somewhat better photo than the one at the reception! We spent one night in Port Stanley...that was plenty to see everything in town, I think. We stayed at a cute little B&B called the Kettle Creek Inn.

We had a very nice trip...and the side jaunt to Ontario made it seem like an extra little vacation for us.

Next up for me...on to New York and the United Nations tomorrow!

Comments:
Steve!

You were in Port Stanley on or around September 4th, and you didn't call your favorite Canadian?!?

For a few minutes that day, we were mere miles apart! Jeanne and Sheryl could have bonded, as they discussed how much time we spend on ML!

Were you afraid I'd try to exchange my funny CDN money for your real cash? Did Ron and Karen tell you I wouldn't be caught dead with a crooked name tag? Did Jalen Rose offer to buy you a fish dinner, instead?

Seriously, have a safe trip home from NYC. Hope to see you in Chicago in three weeks.

RPS
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?