Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Run, Steve, Run!

Yesterday was a big day for me. For the first time in several months, I was able to run!

Oh, it was only for a few minutes at a time on the treadmill at my club. But, it was the first time I had been able to run since I suffered an achilles tendon injury back in early April. I had been limited to - at best - steep uphill walking on the treadmill since then. (The bend of my ankle while walking uphill has been much more agreeable than walking downhill or on a flat surface)

The achilles had been feeling okay for the past week...so, yesterday - with my trainer out of the room, of course - I decided to let 'er rip (I hate to say "achilles" and "rip" in the same sentence!). Alas, I was able to run pretty much pain-free. I didn't try a sprint...just 7 mph. But, the fact that I was able to do it - and am still pain-free the morning after - is very encouraging for me.

Let it be said, though, that healthy achilles or not, I likely will not be joining fellow radio rascal Dave Dahl on his six-mile jaunts through Peoria. I don't think people who are 6'5" and 230+ lbs. were made to be long distance runners! : )

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?