Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

Temporary Batchlerhood, Sushi, and Belushi...plus, the Chief Mouse

Jeanne is on a business trip in Minnesota...and won't return to Chicago until after I've left for East Peoria (for the Illinois Broadcasters Association convention). I'll return to Chicago Thursday...but not until after Jeanne has left for another trip - this one for 10-days - to California. So, that means we'll go the better part of two weeks without seeing each other. Blah. : (

Ironically, Jeanne will be able to visit with my brother, Bob, who lives in California...and will fly south this weekend to meet up with Jeanne.

Eating alone is no fun...but I made the best of it last night, going to one of my favorite local haunts, Sushi Samba Rio. The Unagi/Tomago roll is to die for! I would say it's probably a safe bet that I will return there at least once before Jeanne comes home.

One highlight of the convention in East Peoria will be tonight's induction of actor Jim Belushi into the IBA Hall of Fame. Belushi is a Chicago area guy - and a fellow ABC/Disney "cast member" - so it will be good to see him.

WLS-AM is up for a couple of IBA Silver Dome Awards...including my on-the-scene coverage of last year's deadly tornado in Utica. We'll see how that goes...

I'm also looking forward to seeing my pal Dave Dahl at the convention. Dave is News Director at WMBD-AM in Peoria...so we'll be on his home turf.

Bad news for Bulls fans. Both the Tribune and the Sun-Times report today that contract talks between coach Scott Skiles and the Bulls have broken off. The Bulls hold the option to bring Skiles back next season...but now, even that is starting to look unlikely. I hope things can be worked out...Scott did a nice job turning around the team last year.

Disney CEO Michael Eisner on with Don & Roma right now. WLS is owned by ABC, which is owned by Disney. How convenient! Mr. Eisner took some pretty good swipes at Roy Disney and the other Disney board members who are, for the most part, forcing him into retirement. It was very interesting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?