Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Persian Gulf Trip Delayed

As many of you know, I am scheduled to make a trip to the Persian Gulf to interview Chicago-area service personnel. I will be hitching rides on Air Force C-130 cargo planes. Not exactly First Class travel...but an, ahem, interesting way to get there.

That trip was originally scheduled to begin next weekend (May 22).

However, the Air Force tells me the C-130 flights returning from the Gulf at the end of the trip window are expected to be completely full with cargo...which, of course, has priority over media ride-alongs.

June also looks full.

So, the trip has been postponed...most likely until July. I will pass along more information - including exact dates - when I get the info.

Comments:
Guy:
Nicely said!

This has given me for an idea when I get closer to my trip.

Perhaps I will ask folks to post, on this blog, questions they would like to see me ask our local military personnel.

That's still a month or so off...but we may have struck on an idea here. :)

ss
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?